Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hard, Tedious Work

     The bright sun blinded me for a second as I emerged from my dark underground dwelling. I had a goal in mind for the day: find sugar cane. I needed the bamboo-like plant in order to make books. That is also one of the reasons I started my cow farm. Now, I knew that sugar cane could often be found on sand, so I journeyed to the river that separated the plain I lived next to from the desert where I found the temple. Sure enough, without having to go far at all I found what I was looking for. The journey was a success.
     As I started back towards my home it began to get dark. In the twilight I saw a massive gathering of cows in the plain. I couldn't help myself, as I already had enough cows in my pen back at home. My sword was sharp and my aim was on point. I won't be needing meat for a while.
      I took the few sugar cane I had found and planted them near my bed. Thankfully the plant grows fast, so soon the small amount I had procured should turn into many. Gathering plant life and killing livestock is fun and all, but I had an itch that those activities just couldn't scratch. I craved wealth.
     Tunnel after tunnel I dug. It was hot down in the dark abyss of the earth, but the rewards would make it worth it. Long shafts drove far into the world and pierced many veins of valuable ores. Iron, lapis, redstone, gold, and coal a'plenty. No diamonds this run, but that is fine by me. I'd rather wait until I have an enchanted pickaxe to mine those anyways. 
     Not a bad branch mining session, but I know much better will occur in the future. I didn't even get to use half of my furnaces. I'd feel like I wasted stone making all of them if I didn't get to use all of them, so I decided to do something about it. But what though?
     As I anticipated, the few sugar cane very quickly turned into many sugar cane. Now my sugar cane farm doubles as a privacy barrier for my bedroom. How convenient!
     Now, I know it doesn't seem like I did much this session, but that is because the entire time I was working on a project that is a bit larger. I won't spoil anything, but here is a little snapshot of my progress. I told you, I decided to do something about not using all of my furnaces. Stay tuned for next time to see what I manage to turn this into!

2 comments:

  1. Is that last picture branched off of your main base? Anyways, love the progress. Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is five blocks below the room you've already seen. I am planning on building rooms all the way down to bedrock. Thanks for the support!

      Delete